· Sunday @ 5—an informal service at 5pm each week
· Morning Prayer on Tuesday at 9am
· Lent Bible Study ‘Receiving Christ in five different ways’ on Tuesdays at 10—11.30am in the lower hall and Wednesday evenings at 7.30-9pm in the Parish Centre.
· Regis at Salisbury—1.30pm
· Parish Hot Pot Dinner—THIS FRIDAY, 13 March at 6.30pm in the lower hall. Please bring something to share for dinner with your parish family.
Church News— There are still a small number of church news waiting collection in the lower hall. Please take any other church news to deliver to friends or those living near you to save on postage.
Bush Ministry Stall—Today. Thankyou for your support.
Acts 1:8 Meeting today between the 7 and 9am services.
Lent envelopes— We are again supporting Anglican Board of Mission through the 2020 Lent envelopes which are available today in church and throughout Lent. Please continue to pray for ABM and raise support for the important work profiled in the envelopes.
Baptism of Olivia Rose on Sunday, 15 March. Please pray for Olivia and her parents, Peter and Amanda.
Parish Picnic at Laura Street Park. Sunday, 22 March at 12 noon. BYO everything including rugs/chairs/hats. Great location for families with kids.
Election Stalls—On City Council Election day, Saturday 28 March, we will hold cake, sewing and craft stalls and a sausage sizzle. Donations of cakes and preserves or monetary donations to the sausage sizzle will be most welcome. Any enquiries, please see Janette of phone 3277 8848.
The Thirty-nine Articles: Relic or Resource? A public seminar. The Mathew Hale Public Library is running a seminar by Revd Dr Graham Stanton In the Blue Room, St Andrew’s Church, 160 Vulture Street, South Brisbane on Friday, 27 March 2020, 7-9pm. Are the Articles of Religion an amusing relic of 16th century England, or a theological resource for the mission of the church in 21st century Australia? While we won’t have time to examine each article in detail, this seminar will give an overview of the structure and central themes of the Articles. We’ll think about how the Articles provide an approach to Christian life and ministry that can serve the Australian church as we bear witness to the resurrection of Jesus in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex world.
Regis Sing-a-long – Tuesday 7 April at 10.30am (during the school holidays) Please join us for a very enjoyable morning.
Pancake Dinner. Thank you to all who helped to make this a very enjoyable occasion. Proceeds were as follows—Door takings (44 guests) $650; Raffles $214; Sale of food—$83; Drinks $26; Total $973 less expenses $221.97. Net Proceeds $751.03.
ABM Honey With the rain the bees are now producing honey again. Honey is available and for sale at the back of the church. 500g bottles $6 Thankyou to Dimitri Markotsis, our bee apiarist.
Name Badges—We are processing an order for name badges in the near future. If you would like one please put your name on the list at the back church by Sunday 15 March. Cost is $12.50 which can be placed in the collection plate in an envelope with your name on it and ’Name Badge”.
Anglicare’s Careforce Inala Pantry - Next delivery planned for March. Please continue your donations of non-perishable food items and other items for daily living, and place in the basket at the back of St Luke’s church. Cash donations are always very welcome. Please mark envelope with ‘Inala Pantry’ and place in the Collection Plate at any service. Include your name and address if you would like a receipt sent to you for any cash /cheque donation. Contact Judy or David Moy (0411 871 460 or at church) if you require further information.
· Palm Sunday—5 April, 7am and 9am Liturgy of the Palms and Passion Gospel.
· Daily Prayer—7am Monday, 6 April to Saturday, 11 April
· Maundy Thursday, 9 April —6.30pm Seder Meal, Holy Communion at 8pm followed by the Watch.
· Good Friday, 10 April—9am Holy Week Family Service; 12-3pm Three Hours at the Cross
· Easter Day, 12 April—6.30am Easter Dawn Eucharist, 7.30am Resurrection Breakfast; 9am Family Easter Service